Saturday, July 20, 2013

Review: A Mom's Battle Cry to Overcome Fear (Battle Cry Devotional Series) by Laura J. Marshall


Book Blurb


For Christian Women and Mothers.

Tired? Stressed out? Overwhelmed?

In this little book, set in an easy seven day format, join one Christian mom on her journey to enter into the rest that refreshes and find freedom from weariness.

This is a Battle Cry for Rest.

"The piles don't yell at me anymore. I don't know where along this journey they became silent and I took back authority over my time."

Buy Links



Author Info


Life isn't a fairy tale.  It can be heartwrenching and painful.  Difficult times come to us all and many times they shape who we are and how we look at the world.  We can find strength through the valleys as we learn to climb the mountains.

I have been truly blessed despite and through the tough times of my life.

Since I was a child, I have loved to write and dream up my own stories. Several years ago, I decided to explore, study, and learn the craft of writing, my passion, hoping to transport the reader to another place and time; to help readers experience life outside of their own four walls.

I write both nonfiction and fiction.  It is my deepest hope that within the pages of my romantic suspense books, that they will whisk you away to far lands such as to a mouse -laden castle in 17th century England or to a colorful bazaar with curry-laden dishes in the afternoon heat of India.

In my Battle Cry Devotional series, I pray the shared experiences of being women and mothers, along with scriptures from the Bible and God's guidance will refresh your souls.

Wherever we find ourselves on our adventures, may you feel closer to the Lord and His abiding love.....and find strength for the journey.

~Laura

Review

(written and provided by Amber McCallister)

A Mom's Battle Cry to Overcome Fear by Laura Marshall is a beautiful collection of hope, inspiration, and encouragement to mothers. Mothers can easily get wrapped up in the little day-to-date tasks and details that fill our lives, and we easily lose sight of the precious truths that this devotional reminds us of.

It’s the personal touch that Laura infuses into this devotional that will break your heart and mend it with God’s loving and patient hands. As mothers, we pour ourselves into the lives of our family, and that at times this leave us empty and wanting which helps to feed the fears that naturally take hold in a mother’s heart. Laura reminds us and helps us to refocus our attention on the most important things in life – God is with us and He loves us. We must always remember that He will never leave us or forsake us.

A Mom's Battle Cry to Overcome is sure to bring you the needed refreshment and renew the connection with God that you will need to pick yourself back up and carry on from one day to the next. I recommend this devotional to all mothers who are tired of letting their fears rule their lives. Reclaim what God has given to you and, with Him at your side, live the life you were always meant to live – a life free from fear.

1 comment: